Field Stone Cottage Blog

Monday, November 15, 2010

November of Thanksgiving-Day Fifteen

I've been thinking while I work around the cottage this morning and what I'm thinking is just exactly how thankful I am for my washer and dryer. I'm thankful that I can just put the clothes in the washer, add the detergent and walk away knowing the clothes will be clean when I move them over to the dryer about 40 minutes later. Then, in about 40 more minutes, I can take them out of the dryer, fold or hang them and viola! I am finished with laundry! I can only imagine the backbreaking work that previous generations of women endured to clean the family's clothing...and that some women in the world still endure. I am blessed.

What blessing are you thanking God for today? Do tell and share over at Rebecca's November of Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

WhiteStone said...

I am so grateful for my washer and dryer, too. And my dishwasher. And all the conveniences that we in America have today. My grandmother worked sooooo hard to feed her family and care for her home. We are blessed indeed.

Kim Shay said...

My mother had an old wringer washer until I was about eight years old, and I know how much work that was! I am thankful for mine, too!

Trisha said...

Dorothy,
I, too, am thankful for these wonderful gifts. We do so much laundry around here, and when I'm tempted to grumble, I give thanks that really, in the scheme of things, it's quite an easy process. :)