Field Stone Cottage Blog

Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Month of Thankfulness: Day Twenty-Two

My thankfulness today is related to the fact that Andy is just about over a particularly nasty cold...and, Lord willing, I've escaped it! This cold was of the totally stuffy, very sore throat, coughing enough to keep one awake at night variety. And lost sleep is not what you want when you feel under the weather! Last night, Andy slept peacefully for the first time in over a week. As for me, several times during the last few days, I was sure I was succumbing to the thing. But today, after a morning headache, I feel just fine. I think its finally leaving the cottage without further ado. Thank you, God!

As Rebecca pointed out yesterday, so many of our thankful thoughts are of what we might call "small mercies" but these things are still important to thank our Sovereign God for. Go read what she wrote and add your mercies, small or large, to the list of things for us all to praise God for.

No comments: