Field Stone Cottage Blog

Monday, November 3, 2008

A Month of Thankfulness: Day Three

Charlie and I just got back from a walk and, let me tell you, it is a glorious day outside in Crystal Lake! The forecasted high is 73 degrees F but right now it is 65 lovely, sunny degrees with a slight breeze. Perfect! So today (as if you can't guess) I am thankful for an unexpectedly warm Fall day full of the wonderful colors of God's creation. And I am thankful for my little canine companion, Charlie, to share it with. I am so very thankful for his relative good health that permits him to still enjoy nice, long walks despite his status as a senior citizen.

What about you? What are you thankful for today? Rebecca wants to know (and so do I)! So share your thankful thoughts at Rebecca Writes and let's rejoice together in how God is blessing us each day of this month.

4 comments:

ellen b. said...

It must be nice to have a little walking buddy! Glad you have some nice weather to walk in today. I was on the road for most of the day yesterday travelling to a party for one of my youngest cousins who just turned 50 :0)
I'm thankful for family and friends.
Have a wonderful day Dorothy!

Islandsparrow said...

I have a cute little walking buddy too Sophie - only she runs in circles around me sniffing every little trail. We're having a beautiful fall as well.

S said...

We are also enjoying unseasonably warm days by getting outside as much as possible and taking many wonderful walks.

John said...

I'm thankful that the highs here are only in the 70's, which for us amounts to cooler days.

Hurray for fall! I'm also thankful that we have a sovereign King who rules our country, regardless of who our president is.