Field Stone Cottage Blog

Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Month of Thankfulness: Day Sixteen

I have a friend who works at our public library. Actually, I have three friends who work at the library but my friend, Julie, has worked in circulation for several years now and she lets me know when the library acquires a new item that she thinks we might like. For that, I am very grateful! Her latest pick for us is a television series called Due South that ran for four years somewhere. We don't have cable and are not TV watchers but I don't believe this was an American television show. Maybe its Canadian. Anyway, the premise involves a Canadian Mounty who ends up assigned to his country's embassy in Chicago and "unofficially" solves crimes with a Chicago city detective. Its funny and inoffensive. A hard combination to find these days, it seems. I've got the first season on DVD from the library and we've been enjoying it in the evenings, Andy and I, with our cups of tea. So today, I am thankful for Julie and her thoughtfulness and I am thankful for an entertaining show that we can enjoy together at the end of the day.

Rebecca has been collecting our thankful posts each day this month and its been fun to share what I am grateful for. I have so many blessings from God! Its been fun to read about everyone else's blessings too. To share your thankful thoughts today or see what others are thanking God for, visit Rebecca here.

2 comments:

ellen b. said...

We used to watch this show and really enjoyed it! I forget how many years ago...
I really like the libray and especially the Friends of the Library bookstore...

Lisa Hellier said...

That's a blast from the past. I loved that show and was sorely disappointed when it was canceled. I'll have to check my library.