Field Stone Cottage Blog

Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Month of Thankfulness: Day Six

My sister, Mary, and I just finished doing our Bible study together. The study of the life of Moses that I am doing this year provides a short set of questions that participants can use to share the content with their families. I am sharing my study with Mary and it has been such a blessing to both of us! Mary lives in Portland, OR and, as most of you know, I live in Crystal Lake, IL so we do our study via the internet and the phone. I send her the questions via the internet and then we read the Bible passages together and discuss our answers on the phone. We both look forward to our time together on Thursday afternoons!

So today, I am thankful for cheap phone rates and the internet. But most of all I am thankful for Mary. I am thankful that God gave her to me as my sister. I am thankful for the loving relationship that we share. And I am thankful that we can spend time together studying God's Word and growing closer through Him.

Every day this month, Rebecca is posting our thankful thoughts so that we can all rejoice in them together. To join us in the thanksgiving, visit Rebecca here.

1 comment:

Islandsparrow said...

Sisters are wonderful! What a great idea to study together every week. Have you ever tired Skype? I use it to phone over the Internet. it's free.