Field Stone Cottage Blog

Monday, April 14, 2008

Watching and Waiting

Well, I think its finally here. Warmer weather, sunshine, a few flowers, the grass a more distinct green. In a word...spring! Today's high in our neck of the woods was 51 sunny degrees! I've noticed a definite surge of joy over every little sign of spring in quite a few of us this year. Especially this year, with its never-ending cold and snow. And what have I been studying in the midst of all this watching and waiting? Matthew 24! You can guess where this is going, can't you? I am asking myself if I am watching and waiting for Jesus' return with the same sense of intent expectation and the answer is a definite...not always. "Keep watch" and "be ready," Jesus says in verses 42 and 44. I needed that reminder to think spiritually as I continue to watch for every new bud and shoot with my rake and pruning shears at hand.

No comments: