Field Stone Cottage Blog

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Celebration


It's a big day in Crystal Lake, IL! The temperature got up to 73 degrees F! In celebration, I cleaned our screen porch and got it ready for the season. I really know how to celebrate, don't I? We never had a screen porch until we moved to the cottage a little over three years ago. I think it has become the thing we love the most about this house! Crystal Lake is decidedly suburban but sitting out there in the evening, we have the feeling of camping somewhere. We leave the phone and the computers in the house, close the door and take our tea out there and it is like being on vacation. Our own private retreat. Makes a person wonder why we ever go anywhere else.

2 comments:

Kim from Hiraeth said...

I can't wait until we can sit out there for Bible Study!

: D

Dorothy said...

Me too!