Field Stone Cottage Blog

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Salsa Chicken Wraps




Here's one to whet your appetites (pun intended) in preparation for tomorrow's Recipe Round Up. It was a new recipe for me. I tried it out on Andy this past weekend and he gave it a definite thumbs up! I thought it was a winner myself

4 oz. cream cheese, softened
4 tablespoons salsa
4 ten inch flour tortillas
1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
8 oz. cooked chicken breast, cut into 1/4 inch strips
shredded iceberg lettuce
3 tablespoons sliced black olives
4 green onions, sliced
salt and pepper to taste

Mix softened cream cheese and salsa. Spread mixture on flour tortillas. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of shredded cheese on each flour tortillas. Layer 2 oz. of chicken on top of cheese. Top chicken with shredded lettuce, black olives and sliced green onions. Salt and pepper to taste. Fold ends over and wrap tightly. Secure with toothpicks.

3 comments:

rosemary said...

This looks great, and one I will definitely make!

I'm posting a wrap recipe too--I think they're fun to make and serve.

Thank you for hosting the Round Up, Dorothy!

ellen b said...

Oh your wraps look wonderful. My post is up already for tomorrow. Here's the direct link
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/2008/04/16/recipe-round-up-sandwiches/

Thanks for hosting this month!!
I'll check back tomorrow to see if you need me to repost my comment on the actual recipe round-up post...

Writing and Living said...

That looks wonderful! I'll be trying that one.