Field Stone Cottage Blog

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Petitionary Prayer for Myself

Today I am praying for myself. I am asking God to take away my fearfulness and tendency to worry. I remember clearly when I first learned that worry is a sin. It was quite a number of years ago but to say I was surprised is an understatement. Worrying felt like a part of me and, in a sense, it is...part of my very human nature, the completely-sinful-left-to-its-own-devices part, the completely-dead-in-its-sins part. Certainly not the regenerate-in-Christ-through-the-Holy Spirit part. But in Christ I have security and peace. I am praying for His help to remember that.

John 14:27 "Peace I leave you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Every Tuesday and Friday in April, Rebecca is posting our petitionary prayers. To share your request and pray for others, click here. This is our last opportunity to do so.

No comments: