Field Stone Cottage Blog

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Petitionary Prayer for Andy

Today I am praying for my husband, Andy, and some of the other men at our church. Andy is experiencing some job-related stress and I am aware that a couple of other brothers in Christ at our church are as well. I feel fortunate not to have to face those job-related, out-in-the-world pressures myself but I have others. No one is immune to the effects of stress in this life. And that is not all bad. God uses those tough times to test our faith and grow us in so many aspects of our walk with Him.

So I am praying that God would use the stress these believing men are under to strengthen them in their reliance on Him and that He give them His peace in the midst of the pressures they face every day. Also I ask that He give them the practical skills they need to balance their responsibilities at work, at home and in our church. And finally, I ask that He give us wives compassion for our husbands and help us to make home a place of refuge for our men.

Rebecca is posting our petitionary prayers every Tuesday and Friday of this month. To learn all the details and participate, click here. Thank you, Rebecca. Its a privilege to pray for each other.

1 comment:

SimplyAmusingDesigns.com said...

And finally, I ask that He give us wives compassion for our husbands and help us to make home a place of refuge for our men.

This is my daily prayer also.