Field Stone Cottage Blog

Friday, May 30, 2008

Price of Gas: May 29, 2008

I swung by the gas station on the way home from stopping by Kim's house last night and here's the latest in gas prices for Crystal Lake, IL. I don't have to whine (well, at least not quite as much) since the price dropped 6 cents per gallon from last week. Think there's any coincidence with it being right after Memorial Day?

Check out what everyone else is paying for gas at Rebecca's. So far, Mummymac is in the lead on gas prices, a distinction I'm sure she'd be glad to relinquish.

5 comments:

ellen b. said...

I'm headed to Costco right now to get gas in hubby's car so we can make it to the airport. I've seen a lot of over $4.00 prices per gallon around the last week. It will be interesting to see what the costco price is..
So you live very close to Kim. Were you friends before you started blogging? Blessings...

Dorothy said...

Yes, Kim and I were very good friends before I started blogging! She kept encouraging me to have a blog and I finally succumbed! We live about five minutes apart and go to the same church.

Have a wonderful weekend in Seattle, Ellen!

Anonymous said...

You're not wrong Dorothy!

We have to think twice before we get in the car here, home heating oil is the same so I'll be thinking twice before I switch the heat on too,

praying this nice warm weather continues........

Rosemary said...

We're still slightly cheaper than you; nevertheless it feels as though I'm pouring wine into the gas tank rather than plain old gasoline!

Dorothy said...

I hadn't thought about the price of gas in terms relative to wine, Rosemary, but now that you mention it, that sounds about right!