Field Stone Cottage Blog

Friday, May 16, 2008

Cancer Awareness and Screening

Karen at Simply A Musing Blog has a post up today that you DO NOT WANT TO MISS! Could I make that any more emphatic? Karen starts her post by saying that cancer is one of the ugliest words in the English language. I can personally attest to that. I can clearly remember the impact the "C-word" had on me when my surgeon walked into my hospital room and told me I had thyroid cancer twenty-some years ago. And thyroid cancer is usually slow growing and highly treatable! I've had a couple of other bouts with thyroid cancer over the years but I'm here to tell you about it! And I'm healthy! Please get your cancer screenings of all types and don't cause yourself or your family unnecessary suffering. Read Karen's post. She has so graciously involved some Texas oncologists in a question and answer session on her blog. Take advantage of that. You can't protect yourself or your family from this ugly word if you don't know the facts. Get them! And if you have a blog, partner with us in getting the word out to others, please!

1 comment:

SimplyAmusingDesigns.com said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! What a sweet surprise to find in my google reader. :)

I truly appreciate your involvement and I'm so glad to hear that your experience with cancer didn't get the best of you! :)