Field Stone Cottage Blog

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday's Hymn: Forever Settled in the Heav'ns

For ever settled in the heavens
Thy Word, O Lord, shall firmly stand;
Thy faithfulness shall never fail;
The earth abides at thy command.

Thy word and works unmoved remain,
Thine every purpose to fulfil;
All things are thine and thee obey,
And all as servants wait thy will.

I should have perished in my woe
Had not I loved thy law divine;
That law I never can forget;
O save me, Lord, for I am thine.

The wicked would destroy my soul,
But in thy truth is refuge sure;
Exceeding broad is thy command,
And in perfection shall endure.

Psalm 119:89-97, The Psalter, 1912
Tune: Duke Street, John Hatton, c. 1793

2 comments:

Kim from Hiraeth said...

LOVED singing this this morning!!

ellen b. said...

What wonderful words and truth in this hymn!