Field Stone Cottage Blog

Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Month of Thankfulness: Day Seven

I am thankful for Indian Summer. Indian Summer in North America is generally defined as a period of warm (at least 70 degrees F.) weather in the period of mid-October to end of November following a killing frost and preceding the first snow fall. I thought we might not make it to 70 degrees but we're already there today and tomorrow's forecast is looking quite similar. I'm especially grateful that this Indian Summer waited until most of the leaves have fallen and been raked up. That way we could (and did!) enjoy our long Charlie-walk without any feelings of guilt about unraked leaves. And it came on a weekend too! If we can squeeze it in, we might even take the canoe out this afternoon! Oh, thank you, God!

I wonder what everyone else is thankful for today. Rebecca is hosting our month of thankfulness and its been such fun and increases my own thankfulness to see what everyone else is thanking God for each day. Go on over and check it out!

4 comments:

rosemary said...

I love the surprise of a warm fall day. Glad you can get out and enjoy it, and I hope you get to take the canoe out. Sounds lovely!

Kim from Hiraeth said...

It IS a glorious day!

Willow said...

Sunny skies here today, too! I'm thankful for our farmers market that is open 50 Saturdays a year and has so many fresh and local produce options!

A canoe ride sounds perfect!

Kim said...

It was a gorgeous day yesterday here, too! Promises to be another great one today