Field Stone Cottage Blog

Monday, November 23, 2009

A Month of Thankfulness: Day Twenty-Three

This morning I had the preparatory dose of the radioactive iodine for my total body thyroid scan tomorrow. There have been some changes is medical protocol for the tests and treatment of thyroid cancer since my last re-occurrence of it and frankly, some of them have caught me off guard. I was reading an article about thyroid cancer on-line just a little while ago and the thyroid expert mentioned that no one who is hypothyroid, as I am in preparation for these procedures, should be driving. We should consider ourselves impaired as are people who are "driving under the influence." The other times I went through this, I drove...and did many other things...without even thinking about it. Yes, I was tired but it needed to be done. This time, I just can't seem to do that. I feel impaired regarding more than just driving!

Back to the changes in medical protocol and how they caught me off guard. Decisions were made that I feel less certain of this time. But my faith and reliance on God in His sovereignty is stronger this time. So this afternoon of tiredness and uncertainty, I am very thankful for Christ's all-sufficient grace and power.

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

Praise God for His blessings over at Rebecca's today and each day of this month of Thanksgiving.

6 comments:

Lisa Hellier said...

Our hymns this morning were "Great is Thy Faithfulness", "I Know Whom I Have Believed", and "Blessed Assurance". I sang these with those I'm praying for in mind. May those promises of our sovereign Lord continue to uphold you.

ellen b. said...

Praying for you right now Dorothy...

rosemary said...

Continuing to pray for you during the testing, Dorothy. The Lord is near. I know you know that; just wanted to affirm it to you.

Rebecca Stark said...

Oh Dorothy! Yes, what a comfort God's sovereignty is when things get complicated.

Willow said...

Praying for you, Dorothy, especially for tomorrow. I know you are clinging to God's promises and being comforted.

Lisa notes... said...

I'm continuing to pray for you that all is going well today. You have a strong faith; such a blessing and a great example.