Field Stone Cottage Blog

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Catching Up

June is not a good month to be away from home. At least, not if you live in Chicagoland! It is just cool enough and has enough precipitation for the weeds to proliferate like crazy! Weeding and taming back even some of the "good" plants is my last catch-up chore around the cottage. But I'm getting there! I've been disciplining myself to weed at least an hour a day this week. Considering that its only Tuesday, I am making progress. But I surely wouldn't mind if I had to call off weeding on account of rain tomorrow. I need to squeeze in some extra reading this week too! Reading got seriously neglected in the fun of visiting with family...a choice I'd make all over again...but I have my book discussion group on Friday and about 150 more pages to go. And then there is organizing my pictures. And blogging. I guess weeding is not my last catch-up chore! I need more than 24 hours in my day!

1 comment:

AuntE said...

I have often wished there were more than 24 hours in the day - especially in the summer when I have so many 'projects' I'd like to accomplish!