Field Stone Cottage Blog

Friday, October 2, 2009

A New Orchid


I'm afraid I've become hooked on orchids. A while back, I told you that I was babysitting some orchids for an elderly friend from church. Well, he reclaimed the specimen pictured in that previous post but gave me the other three orchids I was tending for him. They are in my kitchen window area and I expect one of them to bloom soon. Then my dear friend, Kim, gave me a lovely pale pink one for my birthday. That one has since lost its blooms for the time being but last Friday, Emily and I attended a local orchid show and I acquired this elegant white orchid. I am finding that I love having some gorgeous flowers in bloom in my kitchen!

1 comment:

Kim from Hiraeth said...

I can't wait to see the one that's getting ready to bloom. Have your camera at the ready!