Field Stone Cottage Blog

Monday, October 19, 2009

Falling Apart

Its been a while since I posted anything besides my Sunday Hymns. I just haven't felt like talking much. But Kim's post this morning inspired me to write. I'm with her 100% in the falling apart at the seams part and the not liking it much. I've been struggling with hip and lower back pain for the past several months and limping for the last three or so. Finally, a diagnosis was made last Wednesday. I have bursitis in my left hip and the doctor gave me a cortisone injection in that hip to alleviate the pain and promote healing. The pain is starting to subside and I am not limping quite as pronouncedly. Still I have to be careful not to overdo it and I am feeling guilty (sort of) that I won't be able to do my part on the leaf raking this fall.

The doctor as well as the physical therapist inform me that my right leg is 1/4 inch shorter than my left and that is contributing to the problem. So I've done the research and have some heel lifts on order to go in my shoes. Its just another confirmation of the imperfection of this mortal body of mine. It never was perfect and now, in fact, this tent is falling apart at the seams! I'm so thankful that my real life, my eternal life with God, can never fall apart on me!

8 comments:

Rebecca Stark said...

Ooh...I had hip problems a few years ago and it wasn't fun. Thankfully, a few months of physio seemed to have worked, and I've had no trouble at all for a few years. I'm hoping the fix is permanent. :)

So there is hope. And those physiotherapists know their stuff, so listen and do. :)

Lisa Hellier said...

Maybe this is why I don't like camping--the whole tent thing that leaks? Here's to our hope in Christ that has a solid foundation, firm walls, Jesus as the Gate to enter, and is truly a mansion for dwelling with Him.

Hope to hear that you feel better soon.

rosemary said...

I'm chuckling at Elle's comment and the analogy of leaky, falling-down tents. Sounds really familiar! Sometimes I think I'm shuffling around like an old lady, then remember that I AM one. I'm so thankful that God gives strength to do all that he calls us to. Hope you feel much better soon.

ellen b. said...

Sorry to hear about your pain. Glad the shot eased the discomfort for you. Oh yes I can relate to our outward bodies decaying...Thanks goodness for our HOPE in the future!

Willow said...

One day we'll have perfect bodies. lol Or at incorruptible one.

More than 10 years ago I had bursitis in my shoulder. The phys.ther and dr both said that after the cortisone shot (yes, I had one) and with rest, the bursa would go away, and it did. I hope the same for you.

Dorothy said...

Thanks for all the encouragement! I am trusting that my tent will soon be in a bit better shape.

Kim from Hiraeth said...

I'm thankful to have such a good friend to "fall apart" together with.

(now THAT's a sentence, eh?)

WhiteStone said...

Chuckled at Rosemary's remarks. "I think I'm shuffling like an old lady, then remember that I AM one!" Good one! LOL. As for the bursitis, I had that in one hip years ago and also had a shot. Walking never bothered..it was sitting long spells that was bad. However, it seldom bothers me anymore, perhaps a nag now and then, but not the bad pain of the past. So I pray yours will ease up as well.