Field Stone Cottage Blog

Friday, October 2, 2009

Another Orchid in Bloom!


That orchid that I mentioned in my last post, the one I was expecting to bloom soon? Well, here it is!! It was in bud yesterday afternoon when we (dear friends Kim, Carol and I) gathered for Bible study. The next time I noticed it was during dinner which was later than usual because Andy had to work late. Actually it was Andy who noticed it first since his customary seat faces the window area. This morning it is fully opened. Emily and I had to get used to this bloom to see the beauty in it but Andy loved its unusual shape and coloring immediately. Isn't God's creation amazing!

3 comments:

Kim from Hiraeth said...

Yes, it is amazing. I'll admit it's not my favorite flower in the world, but it is very impressive. It must be huge!

I talked to B(in FL) last night and I wish I had remembered to tell her that it was ready to bloom. I know A would be delighted.

ellen b. said...

So amazing for sure! I was struck this week over and over again with God's creation...

AuntE said...

Wow! Really a beautiful flower Dorothy.