Field Stone Cottage Blog

Thursday, August 20, 2009

An Orchid of My Own!

As mentioned, I recently had a birthday. (I'm not saying which one.) I also mentioned in another post, the guests on my porch and how I might like to have an orchid of my very own. Well, a dear friend of mine was listening! Isn't this an elegant beauty! I love the pale pink, don't you? This one I'm keeping in the kitchen so I can see it for most of my day. Its been in my care for exactly one week tomorrow and so far so good.

5 comments:

Kim from Hiraeth said...

I'm glad you like it!

: D

It was fun spending part of your birthday with you!

Dorothy said...

I love it, Kim! Thank you again!

And celebrating my birthday with you and Tom made me even more thankful for your friendship!

ellen b. said...

Very pretty!

Lisa Hellier said...

I love orchids. They are truly exotic beauties. May you enjoy it a good long while. And Happy Birthday, belated!

WhiteStone said...

Definitely lovely! And Happy Birthday!