Field Stone Cottage Blog

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thankfulness

We had a major thunderstorm last night and lost power just as we were getting ready for bed.  I am so very thankful that it came on again about 7 this morning.  We have a generator (which I am thankful for too) and Andy started it for me before he left but I don't like being the one who is responsible for the thing so I was glad that he could turn it off and set things up for commercial power, as he calls it, before he left too.  It just happened to be the one day a month that Andy goes in late to back up certain pieces of equipment at work.

I am also thankful that we had a certain tree in our yard taken down on Tuesday because we were concerned about the way it increasingly leaned over the garage.  Actually, the tree is not completely down but only the tall trunk remains.  It was so hot on Tuesday (100 degrees) and the men were being so careful not to let the branches fall on the garage that they ran out of time and are coming back to finish in a couple of weeks but I guess there was nothing to catch the wind last night.

Thirdly, I am thankful that the wasps who were apparently living in that tree and were swarming all around the back door once they discovered their home was gone have apparently left us in peace now.

Finally, I am thankful for the badly needed three inches of rain that fell last night!!  That is in addition to the 2.11 inches (according to Andy's rain gauge) that we got on Saturday.  The grass is still brown but some of the plants are looking a little happier now.

So what are you thanking God for today?  Please do share.

2 comments:

ellen b. said...

Oh my... thunder, lost power and wasps. I'm glad you could find ways to be thankful in the midst of all of that. I just told Dear that I wouldn't even know how to fix the t.v. settings if anything happened to him. It's nice to have our husbands take care of generators and things like that!!

Kim Shay said...

Glad you had safety from those wasps! I hate wasps.