Field Stone Cottage Blog

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I'm thanking God today for slightly cooler temperatures. The humidity seemed less intense too.

I'm also thankful for a lovely lunch with the women of my church today. I was seated next to a woman who is fairly new to our church and this was my first opportunity to get to know her a bit better. What a pleasure that was!

Yesterday, I had coffee (well, she had coffee and I had tea) with an old friend, a true kindred spirit, that I hadn't seen for a while. Catching up with her was a joy too.

And finally, I am thankful to be caught up with my weeding at last. They got so far ahead of me while we were on vacation but, with some much appreciated help from Andy, they are finally under control...for the moment. Weeds are an awful lot like dust, you know.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

WhiteStone said...

I, too, am thankful to be caught up on weeds...we've had perfect growing weather and the weeds love it!
P.S. love your new curtains.

Persis said...

Your post reminds me that my weeds need some pulling - my least favorite gardening job.