Field Stone Cottage Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful to be just about over the flu. I faithfully got my flu shot back in October but I know that those shots are a mix of the strains that people in the know think will be the problem ones in a particular year. At least for me, they guessed wrong this year. It was not pleasant but I was so thankful for this promise from the passage of Isaiah which was part of last week's study:

So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.~Isaiah 41:10

Kim from The Upward Call and several others of us are posting our thanksgiving to our great God each Thursday. Please join in!

6 comments:

ellen b. said...

Glad you are getting better! Ugh on the flu. Wonderful verses...

Rebecca Stark said...

So sorry about the flu.

WhiteStone said...

I pray that you are fully mended! Flu! Aaach!

Persis said...

Glad you are feeling better.

Kim Shay said...

Feel better soon, Dorothy!!

Trisha said...

I hope and pray you're feeling completely better soon, Dorothy!!

Something has just started making the rounds in our family, and I'm praying hard for God's mercy. :)

Love and hugs to you and continued prayers for your sister and brother-in-law.