Field Stone Cottage Blog

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Our bedroom in the cottage is upstairs and our central air isn't really effective up there so we have a portable air conditioner to cool things a little further. A couple of weeks ago, that portable air conditioning unit began to make some noise and, as time went on, it became a bit more disconcerting. Earlier this week, Andy took the thing apart and determined that the bearings needed to be replaced which he did. Now I'm thanking God for not only a cool room to sleep in but a quiet one as well. And of course, my very handy husband.

What a you thanking Him for today? Each Thursday of 2010, I am joining Kim of The Upward Call and several others in praising Him for His goodness to us. Won't you join us?

5 comments:

Kim from Hiraeth said...

Go, Handy-Andy!

Tom is not handy. The joke around our house is 'hide the tools, he might try to fix something!'

He's good at a lot of other things, though!

AuntE said...

Dorothy, I want you to know what a blessing it is to me to read your entries on Thankful Thursday! It reminds me that I always have something to be thankful for, even when I forget to acknowledge it.

May God bless you today!

WhiteStone said...

Soooo thankful for air conditioning. And for the men who invented them and those who fix them.

Rosemary said...

Gotta love a man who can fix things, especially important things like air conditioners!

I know I'm rushing things, but I am really looking forward to cooler weather! You know the 69 degrees I mentioned? Gone. It blew through and got warm again. Nothing like CO weather!

Kim said...

Cooler air means better sleep!