Field Stone Cottage Blog

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sunday's Hymn: Revive Thy Work, O Lord

Revive thy work, O Lord,
Thy mighty arm make bare;
Speak with the voice that wakes the dead,
And make thy people hear.

Revive thy work, O Lord,
Disturb this sleep of death;
Quicken the smould'ring embers now
By thine almighty breath.

Revive thy work, O Lord,
Create soul-thirst for thee;
And hung'ring for the Bread of Life
O may our spirits be.

Revive thy work, O Lord,
Exalt thy precious Name;
And, by the Holy Ghost, our love
For thee and thine inflame.

Revive thy work, O Lord,
Give pentecostal show'rs:
The glory shall be all thine own,
The blessing, Lord, be ours.

Albert Midlane, 1858

More Sunday Hymns here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that line "Speak with the voice that wakes the dead" He's had to use that voice on me a few times :0)
Blessings.
Ticket to Ride is a all inclusive board, pieces, cards, etc. game. All the rage with my married son's friends..

Leland Bryant Ross said...

Dorothy, the label is missing, that is why I didn't see this till now. I have "Showing posts with label Sunday's Hymn" bookmarked, and this week you forgot to add that label, which is why I made the comment on "Jesus lives and so shall I" that I did...

Leland aka Haruo

Leland Bryant Ross said...

Ah, now it's labeled. Thanks, Dorothy.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting Albert Midlane's fine revival hymn. Today is the 185th anniversary of his birth. To learn more about him, you can check my daily blog on the background of our hymns, Wordwise Hymns.