Field Stone Cottage Blog

Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Van Returns



There is nothing like doing without something (or someone) to make you more appreciative of it. Yesterday, I got my van back! Exactly three weeks ago yesterday, I was rear-ended. You can check out the before and after photos remembering that the "after the repair" is pretty much the same as the "before the mishap." I was stopped at a red light and never saw it coming. Thankfully, no one was injured but my poor van was kind of beat up so I've been driving a rental car for the last week and a half. Now, don't get me wrong. I am very thankful to have wheels at all and be able to get where I've needed to be. BUT I am even more thankful to have my own comfortable car back with all my "stuff" in it...my Aldi boxes and quarter, my tissues, my snow scraper, my sunglasses, that sort of thing. I am thankful to have my own comfortable car back that I know what all the buttons and knobs do. And maybe most of all, I am thankful to not have to try to keep the gas gauge at a quarter of a tank thinking I am returning it any day and that is how much gas I am supposed to return it with. That was hard!

No comments: