Field Stone Cottage Blog

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My Very First Meme

I've been tagged for my very first meme! Kim at Hiraeth did the tagging and I'm excited to get to play!

So here are the rules of the game:

1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, each player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they've been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Here's the meme:

What was I doing ten years ago?

Like Kim, I was getting ready to move but our move was just local. Moving from rural upstate New York two years previously, Chicagoland involved some sticker shock for us and the house we were living in was affordable but did not really meet our needs. Also I was just beginning the project of homeschooling our daughter, Emily, for her high school years.

Five things on my "to do" list today:
1. Care for a friend's cat while they are on vacation
2. Take a walk with Charlie
3. Do next installment of study of the Book of Matthew with my sister
4. Clean the bedroom
5. Do two rows on the baby afghan I'm crocheting

Snacks I enjoy:
fruit, trail mix, popcorn

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Hmmm...well, visit Ireland, fund a building for our little church and a pastor too, help family and friends that I know could use it, buy Andy a four wheel drive vehicle and Emily a harpsichord. Probably not in that order and each one only after much prayer to ascertain God's direction in the matter but those are the dreamy things that spring to my mind.

Three of my bad habits:
I have to tell? Well, all right.
1. Worrying (but not as much as I used to)
2. Hitting the return key after I label a post but before I am ready to publish it!
3. Not buying something at a clearance sale or a second hand store or a garage sale and then it is gone when I decide I really should have gotten it

Five places I've lived:
1. The Utica-Rome area of Upstate New York
2. Wichita Falls, Texas
3. The Portland, Oregon area
4. New York City
5. Long Island, New York

Five jobs I've had:
1. Registered nurse
2. Child-care provider
3. Tae Kwon Do instructor
4. Seamstress
5. I don't think there ever was anything else!

So there you have it! I think I will tag Rosemary at Seasonings of the Heart, Karen at Simply A Musing Blog, Ann at Whatever Things... and Island Sparrow at A Sparrow's Home.

6 comments:

Kim from Hiraeth said...

3. Tae Kwon Do instructor

NO KIDDING!!??!!

See, you think you know a person. . .and there's always more to learn!

: D

Anonymous said...

I've joined in but couldn't think of five others to tag so have left the invite open for anyone to join in, hope that'll be ok. Do you mind if I link to your blog ?

Anonymous said...

I don't even really know you, and the Tae Kwon Do thing surprised me too!

I'm glad to read your meme, and learn more about you.

And mine is up now, but for lack of knowing who hadn't done it, I finked out on tagging others too.

Dorothy said...

Thanks for playing, Ann and Rosemary. Leaving it open for others to join in sounds like a good idea to me. And thanks for the links back to my blog!

About the Tae Kwon Do thing...well, it seems like a lifetime ago to me too but its true!

ellen b. said...

Ha! I'm with Kim on the Tae Kwon Do???
You've lived in some very different places.
I enjoyed checking out your recipes.
Blessings...

Anonymous said...

Hi Dorothy!

I'm working on mine - one of my bad habits is procrastination... :)

and this is also one of mine

"Hitting the return key after I label a post but before I am ready to publish it!"

I'll let you know when I'm up.