Field Stone Cottage Blog

Friday, February 22, 2008

Basking in the Warmth

We have an atomic clock in our bedroom that also has an indoor/outdoor thermometer. This morning when we got up at 5 AM, the outside temperature reading was 18 degrees F! Now that may seem kind of chilly to some of you but we were delighted with it! There was some actual warming and rain last Sunday but since then...oh, this week has been cold! Only single digit mornings and some of them negative. Not very windy but somewhat breezy and let me tell you, in those temperatures even a little breeze does more than freeze your nose hairs. (Those in the northern climes know exactly what I mean by that.) Poor Charlie has had a tough time with those trips outside this week but this morning, he was downright dawdling out there! Just basking in the warmth. I'll never get him to come in this afternoon when it gets to 24 degrees and sunny! But then again, maybe I'll be doing some dawdling of my own.

1 comment:

Kim from Hiraeth said...

Ivy stayed out longer this morning, too.

If it gets sunny, she'll drive me crazy today, ringing the bell on the front door to go out.