Field Stone Cottage Blog

Friday, February 22, 2008

Anticipation


I am excited! My sister, Mary, and her husband, Jim, are coming to visit in July! We finalized the plan last night. Now we live in Crystal Lake, IL while they (and most of my family) live in Portland, OR so we don't get to spend a lot of time together. I was out there recently (the trip of the birthday brunch) but it had been about a year and a half since the time before that. We do talk on the phone, however. In fact, Mary and I do a Bible study together via email and the phone!

This photo is Mary and me together some years back. The fact that there were no color photos then gives you a clue as to how many. I am the big sister, about three years old in that picture. See that smile on my face? I still get that kind of joy from spending time with my sweet sister. The next few months will be ones of pleasant anticipation for me.

1 comment:

Beck said...

That's wonderful! I'm glad that my brothers live close enough to me that I can see one several times a week and the other several times a year.