Field Stone Cottage Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Tuesday of this week marked the completion of the study of Revelation that I've been doing this year. At the beginning of the book, in Revelation 1:3 is this promise: "Blessed is the one who reads the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near." This promise is repeated near the end of the book in Revelation 22:7 with these words: "Behold, I am coming soon! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy in this book."

I have been truly blessed by the study of this book and I am so very thankful that I have had the opportunity to study it! I've been blessed by an expanded understanding of the very nature of God, His character and His attributes and His eternal plans and purposes. Who could ask for more? But there were further blessings for me. I've experienced an increased understanding of other passages of Scripture because of my new knowledge of Revelation. I have read the warnings of Revelation with an increased sense of the urgency of sharing the gospel. And reading the commendations and warnings to the churches of Asia Minor was of particular relevancy to me as a member of a relatively new and small church plant. So I praise God and thank Him for the blessings He has so graciously given me through this study, blessings I did not anticipate from studying this particular book.

What are you thanking God for this week? Each Thursday of 2010, I am joining with my friend, Kim, of The Upward Call, and others in giving thanks to God for His good gifts. Please join us!

4 comments:

rosemary said...

I love when the Holy Spirit shines His light on scripture to give us greater understanding! I'm happy that your study of Revelations has been so beneficial!

Kim said...

I'm just about to start a study of Revelation!

Willow said...

I studied Revelation several years ago. Right now Im finishing a study of Isaiah and loving that book!

Dorothy said...

Kim, I'm excited for you to start your study of Revelation!

And Willow, I am going to start studying Isiah in the fall and I am so looking forward to it!