Field Stone Cottage Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thankfulness

I am thanking God for the reunion of a lost little Maltese dog (not ours) with his mom and dad yesterday.  He had slipped away from them on Saturday afternoon and the next two nights were quite chilly with some snow before it warmed up again on Monday.  We have a population of wild critters that like domestic animals for snacking here in Crystal Lake too so, as a dog lover, I am thankful for God's protection of this one.

Reflecting on my thankfulness for Tully's safe return made me extra thankful for our Murphy too.  He is such a sweet little boy and wants so much to please us!  There is something so humbling about the love of a dog in one's life.

Okay, its safe for the non-dog lovers to read again now.  I am also thankful for warmer temperatures than normal these last couple of days as well as an unseasonably warm winter overall, one decidedly lacking in snow, for Chicagoland.  That's a big reason to thank God!

And finally, I am thankful for God's sovereignty and the ways in which He uses all things for the good of those who love Him!

What are you thanking Him for today?

No comments: