Field Stone Cottage Blog

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Its been a beautiful sunny winter day here at the cottage! The sky is blue, blue, blue and the fresh snow from earlier in the week just sparkles. Yesterday and the day before were full of unanticipated problems, big and small...the kind of things that mark our lives this side of eternity. But they've been dealt with and today I was able to focus on the fun of having Kim and Sam join us for supper tonight. The house is clean, I've shopped and have the ingredients all prepared and in the fridge for a new recipe....Lemon Chicken Rice Soup. I'll share it, if its good.

So this afternoon, I am thanking God for His blessing of good friends to share a simple meal with; the kind of friends that feel like family sitting around the table; the kind I can try a new recipe on without trepidation.

I'm also thanking Him for His presence and His guidance and His strength as we face life's challenges, big and small.

God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.~Psalm 46:1

I'm joining Kim of the Upward Call and others in giving thanks to God each Thursday of this year of 2010. Won't you join us?

3 comments:

rosemary said...

"...the kind of things that mark our lives this side of eternity." I'm thankful with you that God is our refuge and strength for all those things, of which there are many!

Enjoy your evening--great soup, great company!

ellen b. said...

Wonderful! Friends and soup...one of my favorite combinations...
I was so excited to get a phone call from our young friends from Washington state who are now living in Northbrook, Ill. tonight. Our friend Luke took a youth pastor job with a Presbyterian church there. They are enjoying their new position and church even though they are miles and miles away from their family and friends.
Have a wonderful weekend Dorothy!

Kim from Hiraeth said...

What a wonderful evening, Dorothy. Very relaxing and very delicious!

Sam told me on the way home that he LOVED the soup and wants me to get the recipe. : D

Thank you so much for the lovely meal and the warm conversation!