Field Stone Cottage Blog

Friday, January 20, 2012

Thankfulness

its Friday.  I've given up calling these "Thankful Thursday" posts since its so often Friday before I get to posting them.  So...

Yesterday was very, very cold and today we have another snow storm raging outside.  But I'm in my cozy cottage with a warm little doggie on my lap.  I am so thankful for God's provision of the warmth of both.

I am also thankful for the safe delivery of a new little great niece!  Her name is Eleanor Mary, that middle name in honor of her grandma, my sister, Mary.

This week's Bible study lesson was on 1Thessalonians.  I love that letter of Paul's and am especially thankful for the reminder to "Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands..." in verse 11 of chapter 4.  I am thankful for the way the ladies that I study with expanded my understanding of it in the ways they applied it to their own lives.  God's Word surely is living and active!

No comments: