Field Stone Cottage Blog

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for Andy's day off from work today. Well, let me clarify that. I am thankful for Andy's day off from his paid employment today. We both worked very hard today and are feeling satisfied with all we accomplished. I am thankful that God gives us the strength and abilities to do all sorts of jobs around the house.

Fall is a busy time in Northern Illinois as we prepare for freezing temps and snow but it's a beautiful time too. I am thankful for the beauty of the changing leaves against the blue sky but I'll be thankful for the beauty of winter when it comes too. How wonderful that our God surrounds us with the beauty of creation all year long!

And finally, I am thankful for the comfortable bed and the restoration of sleep that await me in a couple of hours...not to mention the clean sheets I put on that bed today!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Persis said...

Stay warm, Dorothy. I should be heading to my comfy bed too.