Field Stone Cottage Blog

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday's Hymn: O Lord, How are My Foes Increased!

O Lord, how are my foes increased!
Against me many rise;
How many say, "In vain for help
He on his God relies."

Thou art my shield and glory Lord,
My Saviour, O Most High.
The Lord from out his holy hill
Gives answer when I cry.

I laid me down and slept, I waked,
Because the Lord sustains;
Though many thousands compass me,
Unmoved my soul remains.

Arise, O Lord; save me, my God;
For thou hast owned my cause,
And oft hast beaten down my foes
Who scorn thy righteous laws.

Salvation to the Lord belongs;
In him his saints are blest;
O let thy blessing evermore
Upon thy people rest.

From Psalm 3

Tune: Eden, William Henry Havergal, 1793-1870

1 comment:

ellen b. said...

Praise God that He sustains! Blessings Dorothy!