Field Stone Cottage Blog

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Home Alone

Well, not exactly. Charlie is here with me. But Andy is gone for a few days on a work mandated trip. I miss him. He really does not travel for work very much so we're not used to this. Still, I've found plenty to keep me busy. I've got my Bible studies to work on and go to as well as my usual duties around home. And I'm reading Team of Rivals by Doris Kearns Goodwin for my book discussion group. That is a huge undertaking! The book is 754 pages! But it really is an engrossing read despite who recommends it. I never knew so much about Abraham Lincoln and his close political associates. Nor about the politics of the man, Abraham Lincoln. And I certainly never knew so much about the political climate of the times of the Civil War. I love biographies and this is a very detailed, well written one. That makes for slower reading but I am using this time to get ahead so I can finish it by February 6th, the date of the next book discussion meeting. Being involved in a good book helps me set aside how much I miss Andy and pretty soon, it will be Monday evening and he'll be home! Yes!!

2 comments:

ellen b. said...

That's sweet that you miss your guy! I'm glad you have that little companion with you and a good book!
:0)

Willow said...

I hope your man will be home for the weekend. I never minded The Professor being gone except over weekends. There's something about the weekends that makes me miss him more when he's gone.